- Change image
|Registration begins||Mar 17, 2011 @ 09:00||Match type||Double Elimination|
|Check in starts||Mar 20, 2011 @ 16:15||Team size||2v2|
|Tournament date||Mar 20, 2011 @ 17:00||Rating Contribution||No|
|Max teams allowed||32||Number of registered participants||5|
|Checked in||4||Check in size||0|
|Game server||none||Server nickname||-|
|Series Tournaments||-||Series Ranking||-|
|Countries allowed are||All|
For those of you that do not know, we are currently running tournaments every 2 weeks for 2v2 and 3v3 competition. Some of the tournaments will be for cash prizes. Others will be just for fun. See the schedule below and sign up. I’ll open a new post for each and every tournament.
What is the schedule?
We will have a tourney every 2 weeks – so put it on your calendar and plan accordingly.
- 2/20/2011 – 2v2 Practice Tourney – Noon EST
- 3/6/2011 – 3v3 Practice Tourney – Noon EST
- 3/20/2011 – 2v2 Cash Tourney – Noon EST
- 4/3/2011 – 3v3 Cash Tourney – Noon EST
What are the rules?
Each tournament will have varied rules. They will be announced approximately 1 week before the tourney begins. Here are the rules for the upcoming practice tournament.
- The tournament is 2v2 and all are welcome
- The tournament is double elimination
- 1 player may choose any DG they want. The other player MUST choose either sedna/QoT/da/reg. Doubles ARE allowed. Random DG selection is forbidden
- The map is cataract using default settings (AI settings will be on low gold/xp and high HP)
- When the brackets are created (this happens right at the start of the tourney), the team that is on the top of the bracket will be on the light side and the team below them will be on the dark side.
- Light side must pick their dg’s and ready up 1st (they MAY NOT change their demigods after they click ready). The dark side will wait until after the light side has readied up to pick their demigod selections
- For each following game, the team that finished their game in the previous match in the shortest amount of time may choose which side they want.
- All players must use uberfix 1.03 (you can download it here: http://www.box.net/shared/qf7lhj1zjl)
- All players MUST register using www.JeeLounge.com – you CANNOT participate if you do not create an account there
- Replays for all games must be uploaded to the jee site by someone on the winning team. This can easily be done when you report your results in on the jee site.
What is the prize?
- 1st place – $70 ($35 per person)
- 2nd place – $20 ($10 per person)
Payouts will be delivered by paypal. If you don’t have a paypal account, get one. If you can’t get one, then you need to make arrangements with your teammate. If you can’t do that, then you will not receive a payout for the cash prizes if you win. If you do win, provide me with your team’s paypal addresses via pm on these forums and we will get you sorted in short order. If the needed paypal email addresses have not been provided in 1 week, the prize money is forfeit and will be added back to community tournament prize pool. Cash is rendered via paypal in US dollars. If you are from another country, the conversion is provided by paypal. Any fee charged by paypal will come directly out of your winnings (so its possible the winners could receive less than the listed payout).
Additional information about the community prize pool: once the funds run out for the pool, we’ll solicit contributions from the community and see if Stardock is willing to contribute again.
How do I get setup on JeeLounge? (Skip this if you already created an account on the site)
If you haven’t registered on the Jee sites yet, just follow these 3 simple instructions below. You’ll still need to register for tournaments, etc, but this will get you added to the system. You only need to register and setup your account 1 time (eg you don’t have to do this ever again)
- Go to www.JeeLounge.com and create an account.
- Go here: http://www.jeelounge.com/teamdg/group/home/ and request membership to our Demigod group (called TeamDG).
- Go here: http://www.jeelounge.com/user/favorites/1/games Click on about me. Click on games. Then fill in info for demigod and set yourself to active.
How do I form a team on the JeeLounge Site?
- Find a teammate. You can use this thread, pm’s, or whatever you want to track down a partner. You can even use the Jee site to send pm’s to anyone that has already joined the teamDG group.
- Post in THIS thread letting us know that you will be participating and who is on your team.
- Once you have found a team, login to the JeeLounge site and click on Network (its on the bar that shows home/about me/network/stats, etc near the top of the page).
- Click on create a clan (only 1 person on your team needs to do this)
- Call the clan whatever you want and fill in whatever info you want. Be sure to set membership condition to free. That will create your clan.
- Next, send an invitation to your teammate. Once they accept your invitation, you will see them in your clan.
- Click on create team. Call the team whatever you want.
- After its created, click on edit members and add your teammate to your team and you are done.
How do I register for the tournament?
- Click here for the tourney page (link to be added). Whoever is the team leader on your team has to do this.
- Click on sign up and select your team from the drop down box. Then click ok. You are registered.
What is check in?
We use a process called check in for our tournaments. The purpose of check in is so that we know that teams that registered for the tournament are actually ready to play their games. We also use the check in process so that only teams indicating that they are present are placed on the brackets. This makes it much easier to get the tournament started (instead of waiting around and hoping your opponent shows up). Be aware that even if a team has registered for a tournament, if they do not check in, they cannot participate in the tournament. The check in period is 45 minutes before the tournament starts.
How do I check in?
- Click on the following link to the tournament page (link to be added)
- Click on the check in icon.
- Choose your team from the drop down box.
- Click ok.
What do I do the day of the tournament?
- Check in anytime 45 minutes before the tournament begins (see above) – remember, if you team doesn’t check in, you can’t play
- Once the tournament officially begins (Noon EST), check out the brackets page to see who your team is playing first (remember, if you are on top in the bracket, your team is on the light side)
- Host a game for your opponent to join or join a game they have hosted
- Play your game
- Report your win and upload a replay of the game
- Check the brackets again and see who you are playing next. If your opponents are still in game, just host a lobby asking them to join and wait for them to wrap up their game.
How do I report my wins?
- Go to the tournament page (link to be added)
- Click on the game you just played
- Fill in the win/loss results (its pretty self explanatory)
- Upload the replay (the replay will be your last game save if you do this immediately after winning)
Thankfully, we have not had a need to disqualify any teams yet during our tournaments, but here are the ground rules.
- Intentionally desyncing a game will result in a forfeit. If you believe this has occurred, send me a copy of your DemigodLog.txt file. I’ll request some additional files if needed. Hopefully we can continue to keep this nonsense out of our tournaments going forward.
- Long delays between matches. The goal of these single elimination tournaments are to have a series of quick games – not to make players wait on you until you are ready or feel like playing. All players that want to participate are expected to be ready starting at noon EST and until they are either eliminated or win the tournament. Games should all be started within 30 minutes (eg if game 1 of the tourney has not started after 30 minutes, the team that is not ready will be disqualified. So, please be considerate of everyone else’s time and be ready to play!