Using our smart sign up multisteps button (any sign up button you see on a competition page) you will be able to complete all steps in one go whether youalready have an account on JeeLounge or not.
Below we describe the traditional method.
- Create an account on JeeLounge.com
- Ask all your team members to do the same
- All team members must add "Dota2" to their favourite games and provide their in game name by completing the field "nickname"
- Create your Clan on JeeLounge.com
- Invite your teammates to join the clan by giving them the clan URL where they will be able to see a "join group" button on the top right corner. You will receive PM for each request. Approve the request.
- Create one or several Dota2 team(s) within the clan and add clan members to it.
You will need to set a Team Leader during the team creation process
- Ask your team leader to sign up the team for the tournament.
More help: check out the video guide
- Game Mode:
- 5v5: Captains Mode
- 1v1: All Pick
- Allow Spectators: Yes
- Version: Tournament
- Fill Empty Slots With Bots: No
- Enable Cheats: No
Teams in the same region should use a server located in that region.
Best of 1
- EU vs USE - play on EU host (USE team hosts)
- EU vs USW - play on USE (EU team hosts)
- RUS vs USE - play on EU (USE team hosts)
- RUS vs USW - play on USE (RUS team hosts)
- USE vs USW - play on USE (USW team hosts)
- AUS/SEA vs EU - play on USW (EU team hosts)
- AUS/SEA vs US - play on USW (team with higher ping hosts)
- BR vs EU/USE/USW - play on USE (team with higher ping hosts)
- RUS vs SEA - play on USW (RUS team hosts for best ping)
Best of 3 (same for Bo5)
- EU vs USE- 1st game on EU, 2ndgame on USE, 3rd game on EU
- If match is played on EU server, then USE team will host.
- If match is played on USE server, then EU team will host.
- EU vs USW - play all matches on USE (EU team hosts)
- RUS vs USE - play all matches on EU (US team hosts)
- RUS vs USW- 1 on USE, 1 on EU, 3rd USE
- If match is played on EU server, then USW team will host.
- If match is played on USE server, then EU team will host.
- USE vs USW - play all matches on USE (alternate host)
- AUS/SEA vs EU - play all matches on USW (EU team hosts)
- AUS/SEA vs US - play all matches on JPN (team with higher ping hosts)
- BR vs EU/USE/USW - play all matches on USE (alternate host)
- Brackets are generated automatically by the JeeSports system at the start date & time of the tournament.
- Seeding is based on players/teams historical achievement on JeeSports Dota2 events (tournaments, ladders, leagues and Nations Cup). Check the event participants page to see the players/teams rating which is used for seeding players/teams on the brackets.
- JeeSports uses Microsoft Trueskill rating system to calculate points earned/lost for each match up.
- Team leaders: make sure you update your team roster for each round or your team won't be getting any rating point
- Team leaders must update their team roster on the match details page.
- Teams are responsible for contacting their opponents before the match via IRC channel JeeSports.Dota2 or in-game client at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled match time.
- For a team to be considered in attendance, they must have 5 players. No game may be played if a team has less than 5 players online and registered on their JeeLounge team.
- Players nickname should match the one their entered on their JeeLounge favourite games page.
- If a team does not show up for a match within 15 minutes of the scheduled time they will forfeit unless an admin or the opposing team extends this time period.
- Teams may or may not be notified in advance that their game will be casted live. All teams are expected to submit to these requests as long as they are made within an acceptable amount of time.
- Any dispute/complain related to incorrect team roster or ingame name should be made BEFORE playing the match.
If you start playing without checking if enemies have placed right players on the roster, it is your own fault
- In case of an in-game dispute, pause the game (all players retreat to their Fontain) and contact a match admin. Opposing teams are not allowed to un-pause until an admin has ruled on the dispute.
- In the case that both teams cannot agree on a decision or reach an available admin within 15 minutes of the game being paused, the remainder of the match will be played out and the teams can submit the replay match ID for an admin review/appeal afterward.
- No observers or referees are allowed in a match with the exception of listed admins, shout casters, and streamers. List of approved staff will be announced at time competition start.
- If the match started for less than 5 minutes and a player drops then the game should be reshosted
- If a player drops or disconnect after the game was running for more than 5 minute then the player should try to reconnect. The match carries on until the player either reconnect or stays out.
- Only leaders/admins are allowed to use ALL chat during a match. Excessive or offensive ALL chat may result in a disqualification. Treating your opponent in an unsportsmanlike manner will be dealt with appropriately. Do NOT respond to teams participating in such behavior, continue to play the match to completion and then dispute the round in question.
- Matches may only be played by players listed on the approved team roster (roster used to register team into event). No stand-in, stand-bys or ringers are permitted. Any team found in violation of this rule will be immediately disqualified.
- Result reporting
- Both team leaders have to report the result on the match details page.
- Both team leaders have to upload a screenshot of the final result on the match details page media section.
- If a player fails to report the result and doesn't consult with a referee within 15 minutes of the match end then the other team needs to inform a referee.
- You will get a warning if you do not report/confirm your match result. Leaving the IRC channel without confirming the match result means you agree with whatever your opponent reported and an admin will confirm the result.
- Contesting a match result is done on the match details page, result reporting section.
- At the end of a match you have 15 minutes to report or contest a match result. If contesting a match result reported by your opponent you should immediately contact a tournament admin on the IRC channel #JeeSports.Dota2. In the event you are not confirming or contesting the match result reported by the opponent within those 15 minutes admins will assume the result reported by the other participant are correct.
- When a participant contests the result entered by the opponent, the team leader must provide a supporting media (e.g. screenshot of the final result).
- All tournament referees and co-hosts receive an email automatically so they can intervene.
- Disputes should be discussed on the IRC channel #JeeSports.Dota2 and/or Live support chat of the tournament.
- Matches are officially over only when a team passes a concede vote or destroys the opposing team's Ancient Fortress.
- Both team leaders have to report the result on the match details page on JeeSports.
All transfers are made to Paypal accounts only. you must have a Paypal account if you want to receive your cash prize.
If you win an tournament, you must send your Paypal or Moneybookers details (registered email address) by private message to iamKira JeeLounge: http://www.jeelounge.com/iamKira
- Payment Timing
- Online event: payment within 48 hours of the event ending
- Offline event: within 1 week of the event ending
- Payment Delay
The tournament host must inform the players/teams before the tournament starts of there was to be any delay with the prize money payment.
In the event of unpredictable situations the tournament host must informed players and teams as soon as he/she is aware of any possible delay with the prize money payment. The host must also communicate information about the delay and estimated resolution time frame i.e. when the payment will be made.
IRC Channel #JeeSports.Dota2 (IRC client: http://webchat.quakenet.org)
Dota2 Forum: http://www.jeesports.com/s_forum/viewforum.php?f=37
If you require support please contact our admins on the above platforms or post a comment below.