PC - Quakelive
JeeQL'12 Feb. CTF 4vs4 Draft Tournament
To take part of a JeeSports.com Quake Live solo competition you must have QuakeLive.com and JeeLounge.com accounts.
Your unique JeeLounge account gives you access to JeeLounge.com, JeeSports.com and JeePlays.com.
To take part of a Jeesports.com Quake Live team competition all members of the team should have QuakeLive.com and JeeLounge.com accounts and be registered as a team on JeeLounge.
Please refer to the following guides for creating a clan then team(s) within the clan:
The team leader is also responsible for providing the roster. This is done on the match details page of each match.
- Competition registration
To sign-up on any JeeSports event you will need to have:
- Quake Live added to your favoritesgames on JeeLounge
- your nickname provided for that game must match your QuakeLive ID
Checking-in in the process whereby participants confirm their attendance to a competition. The check-in window is usually opened 1 hour before the competition starts and after the competition registration period.
Please refer to the specific tournament info page for more details.
Most tournaments on JeeSports require participants to check-in before being added to the final list of players and the tournament brackets.
- Who should sign up and check-in
- 1v1 tournament: each player needs to sign up then check-in
- Team tournament: only the Team Leader is able to sign up and check-in the team
- Communication & Support
- During the tournament Players have to be connected to QuakeLive.com and available in the IRC channel #JeeSports.QL on irc.quakelive.org:6667
- Support questions should be asked to tournament referees via the tournament live support chat room (go to the tourney page --> Support tab --> Live Support) or via the above IRC channel
The Tournament will be played via Quake Live.
The tournament will be played on European servers unless both players agree to use another server. A referee always has the last word in the server search. Both players have to agree on a fair server.
If there is no way to come to an agreement, a referee has to be consulted.
The following maps will be played with Spawn Protection turned OFF
Maps vary per tournament,league or cup. Check the description for more information.
A round starts as soon as both opponents are known i.e. visible on the brackets.
The match should start within 15 minutes unless agreed otherwise by a referee.
If a match cannot be played because of undisclosed reasons a referee has to be consulted.
In case a player is not online a referee has to be consulted as well.
If a player does not show up until 15 minutes after match start, he/she automatically gets a loss and the waiting player advances.
- Result reporting
- Both participants (/team leaders for team tournaments) have to report the result on the match details page.
- Both participants (/team leaders for team tournaments) have to upload a screenshot of the final result on the match details page media section.
- If a player fails to report the result and doesn't consult with a referee within 15 minutes of the match end then the other participant (/team) need to inform a referee.
- All players must be able to give out a demo of every match, not being able to do so may result into a default loss.
- Contesting a match result is done on the match details page, result reporting section.
- When a participant contests the result entered by the opponent, he/she need to provide a supporting media (e.g. screenshot of the final result).
- All tournament referees and co-hosts receive an email automatically so that can intervene.
- Disputes should be discussed on the IRC channel #JeeSports.QL and/or Live support chat of the tournament.
- if a disconnect occurs in the first 5 minutes and none of the participants had a clear advantage then the game has to be replayed. Referees may overturn this rule in certain scenarios.
- if a disconnect occurs before or after the first 5 minutes and the player(s) still in-game was winning with a significant margin then the latter would get the win. Referees may overturn this rule in certain scenarios.
- if a disconnect occurs after the first 5 minutes and the player(s) still ingame was losing with a significant margin then the game has to be replayed . Referees may overturn this rule in certain scenarios.
- if the game crashes for both players, a referee must be informed. The game will be replayed.
In general, observers are permitted unless one or both players or a referee forbids it.
- Streamers and referees
- Referees and IPTV-streamers are allowed to observe any match.
- A maximum of 3 casters is allowed per game.
- if there is lag the players can order a caster to leave. Failure to do so will be sanctioned.
- Prize Money
All transfers are made to Paypal accounts only. you must have a Paypal account if you want to receive your cash prize.
- Payment Timing
- Online event: payment within 48 hours of the event ending
- Offline event: within 1 week of the event ending
- Payment Delay
The tournament host must inform the players/teams before the tournament starts of there was to be any delay with the prize money payment.
In the event of unpredictable situations the tournament host must informed players and teams as soon as he/she is aware of any possible delay with the prize money payment. The host must also communicate information about the delay and estimated resolution time frame i.e. when the payment will be made.